The merits of chlorination as a means of destroying bacteria in water is beyond dispute and the process is firmly and universally established. In recent years, however, the appearance of resistant strains of bacteria, the discovery of legionella and other problems associated with chlorine compounds have promoted an interest in alternative water purification systems amongst which Envirolyte products are prominent.
Continuously injecting Envirolyte solutions within a swimming pool render the swimming water safe without the adverse effects of chlorine. Envirolyte solutions destroy all bacteria, viral organisms, fungi and algae at a neutral pH level. This is particularly relevant for older skin which is more easily damaged by exposure to chlorine treated water.
By maintaining sterility of the filter beds, secondary contamination of the filtered water is prevented.
The disappearance of chlorine smell, absence of burning eyes sensation and negative skin reactions all make the water a more pleasant environment to swim in.
This system of disinfecting has been used for over two years in several swimming pools in Moscow and has been approved by the authorities as a safe and preferable alternative to chlorinating.
ELA-2000 at a swimming pool in Italy
These pools from Argentina, Italy and Spain reported the following findings and benefits
- Results show that daily addition of Envirolyte solutions at a ration of 1:1000 litres guarantees effective decontamination of water. This is confirmed by data obtained from the microbiological experiments carried out by the authorities which state that the chemical composition of the treated water matches the required standards. -
- The pool users have commented on the disappearance of chlorine smell, absence of burning eye sensation and negative skin reaction.
- The process of producing the solution is far less hazardous to personnel and there are no fumes, unlike in other processes.
- The labour time for water decontamination has decreased because operating of the equipment is simple.
- The solution causes no sediment to attach itself to plant, i.e., pipes etc. and there is no need to disassemble equipment such as injector pumps for cleaning unlike other systems.
- The expenses for water decontamination are three times lower annually in comparison with hypochlorite.
Swimming pool system with Envirolyte equipment
Swimming pools water disinfection in Turkey
Courtesy of Envirolyte distributor in Turkey Sidal Saglik Teknolojileri AS
Swimming pools water disinfection in Columbia
Courtesy of Envirolyte distributor in Columbia EW Tech